March 31, 2010

What is Origami?

In my younger days,my cousin and I make a paper boat.We let it float in the river.We use scratch paper in school or sometimes paper from failed quizzes.This is my younger days art.Shaping a boat out of a single piece of paper for leisure time is already an origami.
Origami is the Japanese word for paper folding. ORI means to fold and KAMI means paper. Together, they form the word, "origami." It is an art form that has been handed down from parent to child through many generations. Origami involves the creation of paper forms usually entirely by folding. Animals, birds, fish, geometric shapes, puppets, toys and masks are among the models that even very young children can learn to make in just one sitting.
Here are some cute examples of origami.I hope you gonna have time to try folding a piece of paper.Enjoy!



No comments: